Few days back we went to meet a friend and on the way since we were hungry , we stop by and bought some Chicken soup and bagel from a place called Maccafe . I ate bagel and my Ka had this chicken soup, he asked me to taste the soup and it was delicious . I was sick for past two days and was craving for the same soup so I decided to make it at home , googled few recipes and came up with my own 🙂 the way I want to have it .I feel like I should seriously make batches of this soup and just keep them in my freezer for the next time I’m feeling sick 😛 When I am sick I don’t feel like eating but I can drink ( not alcohol 😛 ) for sure , and this is the best dinner option. It’s light, simple, easy, delicious and super healthy.
Ingredients ( for 3 person )
- Medium size chicken breast
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 celery rib, diced small
- 2 carrot, peeled and cut into ½ -inch pieces
- 1/2 onion chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 4 cup dried rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the chicken nicely and pat dry with paper towel.
- Take a roasting pan and cover with silver foil , Drizzle a tiny bit of oil in the bottom of a roasting pan, add the chicken to the roasting pan, drizzle a little oil over the top, season with salt and pepper .
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a large heavy duty pot, add 2 tbsp of the oil and let it heat over medium heat, add the onions, celery and carrots and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook the veggies until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Now add the chicken stock, add bay leaf and sprinkle in the parsley, bring to a boil .
- Add the baked chicken , with any accumulated juices.
- Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook on a low simmer for 30 min.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces using 2 forks, discarding skin and bones( if any )
- Meanwhile, cook pasta or noodles separately in a pot of boiling salted water, according to package directions. Drain and keep aside.
- To serve soup, discard bay leaf. Off heat, stir in shredded chicken and let sit until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Pour hot soup over pasta in bowls and serve hot 🙂
- Enjoy this hearty soup with choice of your bread .