Please welcom my new favorite chicken recipe that’s topped with a lemon garlic butter cream sauce!
I’ve gone completely head over heels for this recipe , the reason being it’s super delicious and super creamy . Its damn to easy to cook and for a change from my normal daal-roti 🙂
To make this creamy dish we’re using ingredients like, butter, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. To take it to next level we are adding chicken broth and a big splash of heavy cream. The sauce has a nice creamy consistency that would taste AMAZING !!!
I was so bored of my usual cooking that I wanted something different. This was in my mind for a long time and since it was a easy peasy dish I decided to make it along with some Pasta . It was PERFECT with a glass of my favorite french wine Moscato – peach flavored. It was divine.
So lets learn how to make it .
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) same thickness . not so thick , should be ½ inch thickness
- 1 cup chicken broth or Veg broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onions
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- salt and pepper ( 1/2 tbsp )
- Marinate chicken with salt to taste and pepper on both sides of the chicken and keep aside.
- Now in a bowl, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes.Mix well.
- Meanwhile reheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Now heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Don’t worry if the chicken isn’t cooked completely, we’ll finish it in the oven. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the flame to medium, add the onions to the skillet along with the chicken broth mixture.
- Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened.
- Let sauce boil for some time and reduce until about ⅓ cup.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove from the flame, add the butter and whisk until it melts completely.
- With the skillet off the flame, add the heavy cream, whisk to combine and mix well.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and drizzle the sauce over the chicken using a spoon.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Top with chopped parsley or basil and serve warm with additional lemon slices.
Isn’t this such an amazing chicken recipe. Each bite is full of flavours, delicate aroma and a creamy scrumptious gravy that will make you want it more and more. Try it out and let me know your experience.