Murg Kalimirch ( Pepper Chicken)
My ” Ka ” cannot get bored of eating Chicken , so every time he buys chicken he make sure that I cook it in a different way , but his personal favorites are ” Dahi Murg” and “Methi Murg ” . So this time I thought of making ” Murg Kalimirch ” as it’s been a long time that I cooked it.It’s a very simple yet unique recipe ,Chicken pieces cooked and roasted with pepper and other aromatic Indian spices.
“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.” ― Julia Child.
This recipe is simple and hearty and is cooked with easily available ingredients at home . Its a versatile dish that you can serve with rice, pulao or any kind of Indian bread like naan, parathas or plain rotis.
- For marinating Chicken
- 1 kg, chicken with bone, cut into medium size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon, black pepper powder
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt To taste
- For Pepper Chicken Gravy
- 2 nos, medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tspoon shazeera ( caraway seeds) or cumin
- 6-7 cloves
- 5 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp, black peppercorn, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/2 cup , yogurt, whisked well
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 green chilies, slit (add more or less as per your prefrence)
- 1 tsp, kasuri methi ( dried fenugreek leaves) crushed
- Salt to taste
- 3+ 3 tablespoon oil
- Marinate chicken with the ingredients mentioned under marination, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 min in a heavy bottom pan heat 3 tbsp oil , add marinated chicken pieces, fry on high heat until they are nicely seared and light golden brown.
- Remove the fried chicken from pan and keep aside.
- In the same handi, add 3 tbsp oil . Add shazeera/cumin seeds , bay leaf, green cardamom, and cloves, saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped onions and fry until soft and translucent. Add ginger and garlic paste, sautè for few minutes.
- Now add coriander powder, green chilliy, coarsely crushed peppercorn, salt and fried chicken, mix well.
- Add whisked yoghurt and stir until blended well aand mixed.
- Cover and cook until chicken is just tender.
- Adjust the consistency of the gravy with adding little water if required.
- Add kasuri methi and and garammasala and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve hot with paratha or phulkas or pulao of your choice.
I hope you will surely try this easy recipe and so let me know your feed back on it 🙂
Stay blessed and happy