A dish that is simple to make yet very royal and mesmerizing. A recipe which is a mix of rich ingredients – Basmati rice cooked in a sweet and rich blend of Indian spices and nuts . Zafrani Pulao is a stunningly flavorsome pulao recipe, with the essence of saffron. The name hence, Zafrani 🙂 This is simple, easy and can be cooked in very less time. I did not use much nuts today as I wanted a simple rice dish for my Chicken curry . But Generally nuts are used , so if you want you can also use nuts in it .
- 2 cups, basmati rice ( Soaked for 15 min )
- 1 tsp Sahi jeera
- 2 green cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1” stick of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp ghee
- A generous pinch of good quality saffron soaked in 4 tablespoon of milk
- 1&1/2 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- Golden fried onions for garnish
- Coriander and mint leaves for garnish
- Nuts like cashew, raisins . (optional)
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat ghee add sahi jeera and let it splutter.
- Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf , cashew, raisins and saute for 30 sec .
- Add rice , salt and mix well. Add water and let it boil.
- Once water starts boiling, give it a gentle stir.
- When water dries and rice is cooked to 90%, pour saffron soaked milk on the top, Cover and simmer until done.
- Once cooked, fluff up the rice very gently using fork.
- Garnish with fried onions and chopped coriander leaves.
- Our royal & delicious easy zafrani pulao is ready to be served.
- You can serve this with chicken curry or even raita.