Few days back one of my friend Shaheen Ali from ” spoonforkandfood “posted this super easy yet delectable recipe of boondi Kadhi. Being a kadhi lover I was blown away with the idea , I am not only a Kadhi lover but I love boondi too ,So the next vary day I made it but forget to post 🙂 This is a really easy & simple recipe which goes really well with hot phulkas or even rice. You are running short of time and still want something delicious this can be your life saver 🙂
My recipe is little different from her as I give the tempering first and the make the Kadhi, however you make Kadhi it doesnt matter this will still be very delicious & scrumptious . For the original recipe http://www.spoonforkandfood.com/2015/09/boondi-kadhi.html
- 2 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp Chickpea flour/ besan
- 2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Boondi
- For tempering :
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 tsp black Mustard seeds
- 2 Green chili chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 2-3 Whole red chilies broken
- A generous pinch of Asafoetida / Hing
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, water and Chickpea flour & whisk it well to make a smooth & lump free mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan , add Mustard seeds , green chilly , hing , curry leaves , saute for few second.
- Now add Turmeric powder, red chilly powder & coriander powder , mix well & quickly using a sieve pour the yogurt mixture.
- Let the curd mixture comes to boil and then let it simmer for 10 min .
- The kadhi will start getting thick , add the boondi in the kadhi and saltto taste & close the lid. Switch off the gas.
- The boondis will automatically get soft in the kadhi.
- I always give a second tempering of little red chilly powder & broken red chilly with 1/2 tsp ghee or oil , incase if you like you can add this.
- Your scrumptious Boondi kadhi is ready to be served.
- You can also garnish it with chopped coriander 🙂