Paneer dishes always act as a savior when you wanted something special at home. I bought 2 big packets of Paneer from Indian market few weeks back & have to finish them before they get expired. I have decided to cook all the famous Paneer dishes in my blog 😛 since today I had bell peppers handy I decided to make ” Kadai Paneer ” Kadai recipes are basically tomato based gravies with spices which means no onion garlic 🙂 yeahhhhhhh !!!!!!!
Kadhai Paneer is popular dish from North India .When we go out for dining I have noticed that for vegetarians this is the priority dish ( that’s my observation 🙂 ).
The recipe is very easy and quick to cook which will result in a delicious and tantalizing treat to you and your family. So before we start to make the yummylicious ” Kadai Paneer ” we have to make the Kadai Masala. So lets first learn how to make the masala.
Ingredients for Kadai Masala
- 3 tbsp, coriander seeds
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom(large)
- 1 cinnamon stick of 1 inch
- 1 small bay leaf ( optional)
- Dry roast all the other ingredients till you get nice aroma 🙂 , dont move or you might burn the spices. Flame should be in medium.
- Now let it cool & then blend them together in a blender to a coarse powder.
- Store in an airtight container for future use .
Ingredients for Kadai Paneer
- 250 gms, paneer, cut in medium cubes
- 3 large red tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 red chilly broken
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 ½ tbsp kadahi masala
- 1/2 green capsicum, cut in cubes
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut in cubes ( optional)
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp sugar
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1½ tsp + for garnish, ginger julienne
Process to make Kadai Paneer
- In a deep bottom pan, heat an oil and add peppercorns, red chilly and cumin seeds, allow them to crackle.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and sauté on medium -high heat for 3-4 min. stirring in between.
- Add kadai masala, cumin powder, red chili powder and ginger juliennes.
- Cook till the masalas starts leaving oil on the corner.
- Add both the capsicums and sauté for minute. Do not overcook the capsicum, leave it bit crunchy.
- Now add paneer cubes & kasuri methi, lemon juice, salt, sugar and mix.
- Sprinkle Garam masala , mix well. Cook for 1-2 min. Your Kadai paneer is ready to be served.
- Garnish with ginger julienne.
- Enjoy them hot with crispy flaky lachcha parathas, roti, naan 😉 I had it today with Whole wheat minty Laccha paratha , was damn ired to even click , so next time 🙂