What more can you ask for, after a tiring day at work in this scorching weather, Ice Tea is something that will not only quench your thirst but also chills and refreshes your mood. I have seen people buying & drinking Ice Tea , but when you can make at home which is much healthier & delicious than store bought Ice tea , why not give it a try 🙂 I bet you will be addicted to this recipe , the way I am .It is super easy & superrrrrr refreshing.
Yields 2 cups
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp tea powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 Cardamom pods ( broken)
- 3 Mint Leaves
- 1 inch Ginger ( chopped )
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 2-3 Lemon grass
- Lots of Ice Cubes
- Boil 2 cups of water by adding 1tsp of Tea powder& half cup of sugar.
- Allow it to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the water boils, add ginger pieces, mint leaves, cardamom pods, lemon grass and turn of the flame.
- Cover the tea pot for 5 min so that all the aroma of the spices & herbs are infused .
- Strain the tea,Allow the tea concentrate to cool.
- Squeeze lemon in the concentrate and mix well.
- To Serve : Fill a glass with ice cubes, place the lemon curl for garnishing and pour the tea concentrate.
- Garnish few mint leaves on the top.
- Cool and refreshing ice tea is ready!
- To make lemon curl : Peel the skin of a firm lemon with a sharp knife & place this peel in a chilled water till the time of garnish. 🙂
Isn’t this is such a simple & gorgeous drink 🙂 next time please don’t waste your money in buying store bought Ice tea when you can make this fab drink at home .