Sweet Tamarind chutney is everyone’s favorite and it can be used as a dip with many snacks like samosa, chat, bhajiya ( fritters) and also with parathas ( bread) . My recipe is simple and with less ingredients and to give it a sahi ( royal ) touch I used raisins & dates .It will be a hit companion along with dahi vadas & any fried & non fried snack . So lets begin. 🙂
- 1 cup Tamarind paste or Tamarind
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/2 tspn black salt
- 1/2 tspn while salt
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 3-4 dry dates cut in small pieces
- 1/4 red chilly powder
- 1/4 Cumin powder
- 3 Cardamon seeds ( crushed or 1/4 tspn cardamon powder)
- In a pan mix tamarind,sugar & jaggery and 1 1/2 cup water and cook it in medium flame.
- Once the mixture starts boiling switch off the flame & use a spoon to mash & mix every thing .
- Now Strain the chutney through a strainer in a separate clean bowl.
- Put the mixture again in medium flame and add the spices along with raisins and date pieces.
- Let it cook for 8-10 min or till u see the mixture is getting little thick.
- Now turn off the flame & add cardamom powder.
- Cool & store 🙂
- You can store this chutney for a long time in refrigerator.