In Punjabi household Cabbage aka patta gobi is a must, My mom cooks it so well along with peas and potatoes.So here I share her recipe of Aloo matar patta gobi which goes well with rice or chapati (flat Indian bread).
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage (Patta gobi)
- 1 medium size potato,peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 medium sized onion chopped into small pieces
- 2-3 green chilly chopped
- 1 tomato chopped into small pieces
- 1 tejpatta
- Spices Needed
- 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
- 1 tspn red cilly powder
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan or Kadai, add tejpatta then chopped onion and green chilly ,saute for a min.
- Add the vegetables (cabbage.paes & potatoes) and add salt to taste ,fry in medium-high heat for about 3-4 min. ( keep an eye ,or else you might burn it ) The vegetables will start changing color.
- Now make little space in the middle of the kadai or pan removing the half cooked veggies and add chopped tomatoes & all spices mention, over the tomatoes.Reduce the heat to medium Cover the tomatoes with the vegetables and cover the pan/kadai and cook for 2 min.
- After 2 min, mix the vegetables along with tomatoes & masala nicely and cook till the vegetables are cooked and get nice color.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice,garnish with coriander leaves serve hot.
- Enjoy ting !!! 🙂