Cooking is like an Integral part of my life, but I took a small break from cooking yesterday as it was my Birthyday..yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 🙂 But today the Keeda was biting me as I did the preparation for Khatta dhokla since 2 days for my house birthday party today 😉 so wanted to experiment to check how it is gonna be so made for breakfast and it was a Box office Hit ( Did the new release TEVAR earned most box office hits :P) Noooooooooooooooo ,nahinnnnnnnnn yeh nhn ho sakta …
I want more box office return for my new recipe ” Khatta Dhokla” so Bhaaiyo aur behno aayeye aur banaye aur apno ko khilayege aur mere is movie to HITTTTTTTTTTT banaye 🙂 Mein toh supermannnn Chikoo da fan..jo leve panga kar du mein bann 🙂
- 1 & 1/2 cups medium grained rice
- 1/2 cup split black gram (urad dal)
- 1/4 cup yogurt, slightly beaten
- 1-2 green chillies, thinly sliced (or 1/2 tsp green chilli paste)
- 10-12 whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp fruit salt (Eno)
- 1/2 tspn Coarsely ground black pepper
- Chilli powder (optional) for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Soak the rice and black gram separately, at least for 6-7 hours.
- Drain the rice and grind it in your processor until it becomes a paste. The texture will still feel coarse/grainy.
- Next grind the black gram. Add water only if required.
- Now mix both the batters. Add the yogurt, salt , peppercorns and mix well. Ferment overnight.
- The next day – add the sliced green chillies (or chilli paste) and oil . Mix well.
- Keep the steamer ready – there should not be a delay after the fruit salt is added to the batter.
- Now add eno and mix well, sprinkle red chilly powder & pepper powder on the top , and pour the batter into the plate.
- Steam for about 1015 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool for few minutes and then cut out pieces – diamond shaped or square – whatever strikes your fancy! And its ready to go inside your tumyyyyyyyyyy…yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Enjoy ting !!! 😉