My sister Mita is an intense dhokla lover,she cooks it almost every now and then 😉 and every time she cooks we dont eat we pig-out 😉 This is her recipe 😉 Thanks motu for this yummylicious recipe .
- Rice flour 3 bowl
- Gram Flour 1 bowl
- Ginger chilli paste 1 tbsp
- Curd – 1 cup
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn Sugar
- 2 tspn vegeetable oil
- 1 pouch Eno powder ( If Eno is not available you can use baking powder)
- 1 tablespoons Oil
- Curry Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Green Chillies, slit lengthwise and cut into halves
- Chopped coriander
- 1 tbspn sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix rice flour ,gram flour,curd, and little water and make a smooth batter.
- Keep the batter in a warm place overnight or for 6-7 hrs.
- In a big Vessel boil water & keep a heavy stuff at the bottom.
- Now add sugar,salt,oil,turmeric,ginger chilly paste & mix the batter well.
- Add ENO powder into the mixture and mix it well. ( ENO should be added just before you are ready to put the mixture into the vessel,which means water starts boiling and u are ready to make dhokla)
- Pour the mixture into the vessel coated with oil.
- Cook for 10-15 min covering the lid of the vessel.
- Once cooked remove the dhokla and let it rest and get cool.
- Take a small pan. Heat oil.add all the ingredients for tempering except water & sugar ,once it start spluttering add water and then sugar ,let the mixture boil for 1 min ,pour the mixture on the dhokla’s.
- Cut the dhokla into small pieces.
- Now what are you waiting EATTTTTTTTTTTT Ting !!! Enjoy 🙂
- The ration is always 3:1 ( rice flour/gram flour).
- Depending on your taste you can increase or decrease the amount of sugar.