Parathas & Punjabis are made for each other 🙂
I love them too,it’s sunday yeaahhhhhhhhhhh and it’s time for some lip smacking aloo paratha today ,what a sheer bliss.
Trust me for me and him eating aloo paratha is always like having a party 🙂 more then me ,he loves eating them & without him I can’t make Aloo parathas ( that’s an agreement he made :-P).For me aloo paratha means lots and lots of onions & fresh coriander
Aloo Paratha is basically unleavened dough stuffed with a spiced mixture of mashed potato, which is rolled out and cooked on a hot tawa with butter or ghee. It doesn’t need much introduction (but for the sake of words ) 🙂
- 5 boiled potatoes (mashed)
- For Tempering
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 big onion chopped into small pieces
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- For dough
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds (Mangrela)
- Water to make dough
To make dough
- Make a soft dough mixing flour,onion seeds & water. ( that’s so simple, we do almost every day ,what say guys 😛 )
- To make filling
- Heat oil in a pan ,add onion & chilies,fry till translucent.
- Add mashed potatoes,mix well.
- Add chilly powder,coriander powder,salt to taste & amchur powder and mix well.
- Fry the poattoes for 4-5 min nicely.
- Add chopped coriander and mix well,keep aside ,let it cool.
- Take a piece of dough. Roll it out in a small circle. Now put the aloo filling in the center of the rolled out dough.
- Take it in your palm and bring all the edges together.
- Now by applying pressure with your fingers press the edges down.
- Gently roll the stuffed dough with a rolling pin. Make sure that the parathas do not break,Applying some wheat flour while rolling to make the process smooth.
- Put the rolled aloo paratha on a hot griddle.
- Fry the aloo paratha with oil/ghee as you would usually fry them.Be generous in using ghee or oil to fry the parathas.
- Fry the parathas till you see some brown spots. You can also press the paratha edges so that they are fried well. as some time, the paratha edges are not cooked well.
- Now eatttttttttttttttttttttt 😛
Happy Sunday foodies