Eggs are always savior for me , when ever I am tired or sick the first thing that comes into my mind are eggs.
It’s easy to cook and you can have plenty of option with eggs. So today’s dinner was a simple affair with scrambled tomato eggs & paratha ( used as wraps).
I cook my scrambled eggs with lots of tomatoes ( as name suggest) , tomatoes add an tangy flavor to my eggs & there is something so comforting and satisfying about the taste of that tangy tomatoes that goes perfectly with almost all our Indian food 🙂 Trust me this recipe is lip smacking, want- to- have- it- all- at- one- go, can’t have enough of it kinda scrambled eggs. It was a simple dinner today but it was satisfying & delicious.
Once you cook them you will get all egg-cited for sure 🙂 There is a saying that “Love & eggs are best when they are fresh ” , I agree to that .
- 4 eggs
- 3 big tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger grated
- 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tspn coriander powder
- 1/2 tspn chilly powder
- Coriander to garnish
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a pan heat oil and add ginger,garlic fry till brown.
- Add onion and fry till translucent then add tomatoes and all spices.
- Cover the pan and fry till the tomatoes are mushy & start leaving oil.
- Add the eggs and mix everything well.
- Fry the egg -tomatoes mixture in high heat stirring continuously till the eggs are nicely cooked & the mixture is dried up . ( tomatoes will have lots of moisture )
- Garnish with coriander and serve. Ting !! 🙂
I made some parathas ( flat bread) & used them as wraps along with greek pickles. This makes such an interesting combination. This scrambled tomato eggs can be used in pita breads or as a sandwich fillings too. Choice is your’s, you can eat the way you like. Now you agree that its a real Savior 🙂
Enjoy & have fun